Updated: Jul 28, 2020
Vegan is the new wave but for a mom like me who has a child with many of the main food allergies, it's a way of life!
With the cost of pre-made vegan products rising (not to mention Vegan Bakeries), I decided to create my own recipe for cupcakes for my daughter's birthday. Even my non-vegan kids loved them!
Makes 12 cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350°
1 3/4 cups unbleached flour (unsifted)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
1 cup Vanilla Vegan milk (I use Ripple)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together into mixing bowl
2. Add remaining ingredients to bowl
3. Mix thoroughly and fill each lined cupcake tin half way.
4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when stuck into the center of the cupcake
4 tbsp Vegan butter
1/2 lb powdered sugar
2 tbsp Vanilla Vegan Milk (I use Ripple)
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp pineapple juice (I use the juice from a small can of crushed pineapples)
1. Blend all ingredients together.
2. Once cupcakes are completely cooled, ice them with the buttercream icing.
Optional: Sprinkle with candied sprinkles.
Suggestion: Refrigerate your cupcakes to preserve taste and texture.