Updated: Jul 28
I did an elevate meal of beef and broccoli and it was pretty tasty but I wanted to try something from scratch. So, try them both and let me know which one you like better!
Serving Size: 4
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Beyond Meat burgers - 4 patties
12 oz. Broccoli Florets
1 tsp Liquid Aminos
Olive Oil Cooking Spray
1/8 cup Olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp of Lightly dried Ginger
1 tbsp Garlic powder (if using minced garlic you can use 1/2 tbsp)
1 cup of Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1/4 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
1 tsp of Chef Gone Mad Smoked Garlic and Herb
2 stalks green onions (1/2 cup chopped)
1/2 tbsp of ground ginger
1/2 cup of water
1/2 tsp of Corn Starch
1. Drop the Liquid Aminos over all 4 patties on one side only. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Coat your cast iron skillet, lightly, with the olive oil cooking spray. (any skillet will do, you know I just prefer my cast iron skillet)
3. Heat skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, Add patties, cooking until almost done. About 3 minutes each side.
4. Remove from heat and cut into slices (similar to beef strips)
5. Scrape up the brown pieces in the skillet (that's flavor.. Keep it!)
6. Add 1/8 cup Olive Oil and allow it to heat.
7. Add dried ginger and garlic powder mixing constantly to prevent sticking for about 30 seconds.
8. Add soy sauce, water, brown sugar, ground ginger, Smoked Garlic & Herb and corn starch. Mix.
9. Reduce heat to low and add broccoli and "Beef" strips. Mix and coat with sauce.
10. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, tossing frequently to ensure sauce is infused.
11. Remove from heat, add green onions, toss and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
Serve over white rice.